Principle of ORC system
- The low boiling point organic working fluid makes heat exchange
with the heat source through evaporator, then absorbs heat and is
evaporated to high temperature & high pressure steam.
- The high temperature & high pressure steam drives the turbine
expander & generator set for electric power generation.
- The temperature and pressure of organic steam is decreased after
- The organic steam with low temperature & pressure flows into
the cooling system to be condensed to fluid.
- The organic working fluid is pressurized by the fluid pump for next
ORC system to be used for geothermal power plant
In most cases, the geothermal stream is introduced to the
steam-water separator where the steam and the hot water are
separated. The steam will be directly introduced to the steam
turbine generator for electric power generation, while the hot
water will be introduced into ORC system.
The geothermal hot water will be normally at the temperature
between 90°C-150°C, which can be used as the heat source of ORC
system for electric power generation.
The application of ORC system will greatly improve the whole
efficiency of geothermal power plant and make more effective use of
Rated Power Capacity of ORC system: up to 10 MW @single unit
A Typical Process Flow Sketch of Geothermal Power Plant