Principle of ORC system
- The low boiling point organic working fluid makes heat exchange
with the heat source through evaporator, then absorbs heat and is
evaporated to high temperature & high pressure steam.
- The high temperature & high pressure steam drives the turbine
expander & generator set for electric power generation.
- The temperature and pressure of organic steam is decreased after
- The organic steam with low temperature & pressure flows into
the cooling system to be condensed to fluid.
- The organic working fluid is pressurized by the fluid pump for next
ORC system to be applied for petrochemical industry
During the process, the top fluids from columns need to be
condensed by a cooling system. For aromatics complex as an example,
the top fluids from o-xylene column, dehaptane column and finished
product column are normally required to be condensed by a cooling
system. A set of water heat exchanger can be arranged to replace
the existing cooling system. The hot water after heat exchange with
top fluid will be used as the heat source of ORC system. This
solution will bring us a good economic and social benefit.
Process flow sketch: